LAST UPDATED: April 14, 2020
Read Legal Terms For
1. Who we are
PashtoScoop legal entities are listed in our section 16.
2. About this privacy notice
This Privacy Notice explains how PashhtoScoop collects, uses, stores and discloses personal information about you and processes data that identifies or can be used to identify you (sometimes referred to as “personal data” or “personal information” under applicable privacy and data security laws, and hereinafter “personal data”) in the context of our services.
This Privacy Notice DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, for the purposes of tracking ‘user behavior’. PashtoScoop encourages you to consult directly with such third-parties about their privacy practices.
3. Information we collect and how
PashtoScoop collects several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
- Your Personal Information – the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have, or is likely to have access to.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
3.1 Personal data you provide to us that directly identifies you
We collect data you provide directly to us.
- Account data: If you sign up for a PashtoScoop.com account (“Account”), we will collect data you give us related to your Account, including your name, address, email address, username, password, and other information that you may provide or have provided with your account on third party platforms and collated by us through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook and Google, such as your gender, mobile phone number and website. We describe this more fully in Section 3.4 below.
- Additional account data: You may provide additional data as part of your Account (such as your bio and personal description). This data will be publicly visible to others. If you do not want to share this information with us or others, do not provide the information as part of your Account.
- Other data: You may provide us with data when you fill in a form, participate in a survey, poll, contest or promotion scheme; post to community forums; opt in for certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates or other services); your communication with us about employment opportunities posted to the services.
3.2 Data that indirectly identifies you and automatically collected data.
- Computer and device information: Information about your computer, Internet connection and mobile device, including your IP address, internet service provider (ISP), Unique mobile device identifier, operating system, platforms, browser type, device type, mobile network information and other browsing information.
- Activity log: Information about your activity on our sites, apps and services, including comments, the number of clicks, pages viewed, the resources that you access and use on or through our site, apps and services, and links you have clicked on or shared with others, including through email and social media.
- Unique User ID: If you sign up for an Account on our sites or apps, we may also create a unique user ID that indirectly identifies you. We use this user ID to collect data about your activities on our sites and apps. We may link information that indirectly identifies you with your Account (if you have one) and other information we have collected about you
- Mobile device IDs: If you’re interacting with our sites, apps or services using a mobile device, we may use a unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad) instead of cookies to recognize you. Advertising companies may use device IDs to track your use of our website, track the number of advertisements displayed, measure advertising performance and display advertisements that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of our services
We also may use these technologies to collect data about your online activities over time and across third-party websites, apps and platforms including buy not limited to Facebook (behavioral tracking).
3.3 Location data.
We use your IP address to collect your geo-data, which tells us where you are, when we collect other information about you. We may also collect the language option or country you choose. When we provide certain services, such as providing you with a version of our Services that is localized to your country, we link location data to other information we have collected about you in order to do so.
3.4 Profile data.
If you sign up for an Account, we will collect certain data you give us as part of your use of the services. This may include your username, password and additional information provide when creating/updating your account, information you give us in connection with purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. Profile data you enter in your account profile (if you are a registered user), including your username may be shown to other users to facilitate user interaction on our sites and apps. We do not disclose email addresses to other users except where it is necessary to comply with the law, to protect our rights, or to protect the rights of our users.
3.4 Special category data.
When we conduct research or carry out surveys we may collect sensitive personal data about you, for example information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation. We will not use or share this information without your consent.
4. Aggregated data.
We aggregate and analyze the personal user data we collect, such how often you interacted with our sites and apps and for how long, to produce anonymized metrics and statistical information.
We may share this data with our ad partners and service providers to understand user behaviour and how people use our sites and apps; this helps us grow our business and improve and develop our sites, apps and other services. These third parties may give us information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
We combine information about you with information about other users to create audience segments of aggregated data, for example, statistical, demographic and usage data. If we combine or connect aggregated data with personal data we treat the combined data as personal data and deal with it in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
5. How we collect personal data / information
- You may give us your personal data directly, for example when you create an Account on our sites, apps or services, buy products or services, subscribe to our newsletters, opt-in to marketing communications, publish posts or comments, enter a competition, participate in a promotion or survey, ask for user support, or contact us for any reason.
- Third parties who provide advertising and related services (such as our ad parenters and analytics providers) may give us information about you that they have independently developed or acquired. We might compare the acquired data to the personal data we hold in order to determine if you are the same individual (cookie-matching). For example, we may receive information about your interests or preferences as well as contact information, such as email address.
- We may receive your personal data from third parties when you buy something through our sites, apps and services or when you buy something from a third party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content. This information may inclute your contact details and transactional and financial information relating to you from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- If you access our sites, apps and services via your social media account(s) (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Google) using the Social Media login interface, we will automatically collect certain information about you, such as your name, picture, email address and public profile.
5. What we use your personal data / information for:
We collect, use or otherwise process personal data and information as allowed under applicable law, to provide, maintain, and improve our services.
We use, collect and proecess your personal data based on one or more of the following:
- The consent you provide to us at the point of collection of your personal information;
- The performance of the contract we have with you;
- The compliance of a legal obligation or judicial process to which we are subject;
- The legitimate interests of PashtoScoop, a third party or yourself. “Legitimate interest” is a technical term under the regulation. It means that there are good reasons for the processing of your personal information and measures are taken to minimize the impact on your privacy rights and interests. “Legitimate interest” also references our use of your data in ways you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal information, for example: (1) to ensure that our networks and information are secure; (2) to administer and generally conduct business within the PashtoScoop; and (3) to prevent fraud.
16. How to contact us
Attn: Grievance Officer